The Chrome OS event which was held at Google’s Mountain View headquarters has come to a close. Here are some of the interesting stuff that was revealed today.
- Chrome OS is targeted at Netbooks which are considered as ‘companion PCs’ for spending time online.
- Chrome OS source code has been posted on Google’s Chromium site.
- ‘Google is a YEAR away from announcement’ – They are striving to make sure it is available by Holiday 2010.
- Google Chrome browser for Mac coming this year!
- Google Chrome browser for Linux is on its way as well.
- In Chrome OS, every application is a web application. All data in Chrome OS is in the cloud.
- The boot time is just about 7 seconds!
- The user partition, where your settings are stored, is always encrypted.
- The user-data partition is also synced back to the cloud at all times.
- Web apps are sandboxed automatically and are not allowed to change files on disk or power settings for enhanced security.
- Same ad experience as the experience you get right now in any web browser.
You can check out the official Chrome OS FAQ here.