Wohooo! BlackSn0w is out and it’s ready to give an end to the ‘Oh I am stuck on 5.11.07 baseband’ misery. Yes folks, the iPhone is finally unlockable again!
Here’s the tutorial on how to unlock your iPhone using BlackSnow
NOTE: The Blackra1n jailbreak and Blacksn0w unlock tutorial below is for Windows users.
If you are a Mac user: Click here
If you already have blackra1n app installed on your iPhone (and haven’t deleted it yet), then jump directly to step 11.
- iPhone OS 3.1.2.
- Windows Operating System.
Here are the steps to jailbreak your iPhone 3.1.2 using Blackra1n and unlock your iPhone using Blacksn0w
- 1) Click on the url http://www.blackra1n.com. You will see the following image . Click on the shiny windows logo just above the donate button.
2) On the following screen, click on save file
3) Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double click on Blackra1n.exe
4) Make sure your iPhone or iPod is connected to the computer then click on make it ra1n button.
5) Your device will now enter recovery mode. (If itunes opens telling you you need to restore because your device is in recovery mode, just click ok, then close down itunes)
6) Click OK when you get the following screen
7) Then your iPhone will display GeoHot’s picture and restart automatically and a blackra1n icon will appear on your iPhone. Please make sure you are connected to the net and then click on the application.
8 )Select the installer application (Choose Cydia or Rock) that you prefer and press the install button at the top right corner of your screen.
9)BlackRa1n will automatically download and install the package you selected.
10) Congrats you just jailbroke your iPhone using Blackra1n. Kudos to GeoHot!
11) To UNLOCK your iPhone tap on Sn0w button inside Blackra1n app and let Blacksn0w automatically unlock your iPhone.
NOTE: If you see ra1n button instead of Sn0w , then first tap on ra1n to upgrade your Blackra1n app. After upgrading, run blackra1n app again. You will see sn0w. Install it.
12) Hurray! You just unlocked your iPhone :)
If for some reason you are still confused then perhaps this video from MtnXfreeride will give you an idea.
You may also be interested in: