Appulo.us slow on iPhone? Try Appcake – a faster alternative to installous

by Rohit on November 11, 2009

Alternative solution to Appulous

Are you addicted to Appulous? Do you just love trying out cracked apps before making the final purchase decision off legit App store? If yes, you must have definitely noticed that offlate either Appulous is down or painfully slow.

Don’t you wish there was an alternative way to access cracked apps not just over the web but also over the iPhone instead of Installous?

We have found this gem called AppCake which gives an end to Appulous and Installous woes.

If you want to download the apps off the web i.e. alternative to appulo.us: Visit http://iphonecake.com/appcake/en/
(copy and paste the above url in your web browser)

If you want to download the apps directly on iPhone i.e. alternative to installous: Download and install Appcake from cydia

Here are the steps to download and install Appcake on your iPhone

1) Tap on Cydia. Note: Do not use Rock. For some reason Appcake doesn’t download via Rock.

2) Choose Manage tab on the bottom of the screen.

Appcake1

3) Select Sources.

4) On the top-right corner you will find edit button, select that and then tap add button. You will be asked to enter a url. Enter http://cydia.iphonecake.com and tap on add sources.

(Note: If the above source doesn’t work then try http://repo.beyouriphone.com/ and tap on add sources)

AppCake2

5) Cydia then updates your sources.

6) Once this is done. Tap on search at the bottom of cydia and in the search box look for AppCake.

AppCake3

7) Install AppCake.

8 ) Congrats you can now enjoy cracked apps right from your iPhone without relying on installous :)

AppCake4

Note: 1) Please make sure you choose endlessapps, appscene or other similar filehosting services which make the download link visible within the app. Some filehosting services like mediafire do not let you download from the iPhone.

2) Appcake works perfectly on my Jailbroken(via blackra1n) and unlocked(via blacksn0w) iPhone running on 3.1.2 firmware and 5.11.07 baseband.

Update: Appcake now works perfectly on Jailbroken iDevice running iOS 6 and above. Here’s a tutorial on how to jailbreak and install cracked apps on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 iOS 6!

LATEST UPDATE: A new reliable source to download cracked apps has released recently. Please refer this post to know how to download cracked iPhone and iPad apps using AppAddict.

Share:

{ 7 trackbacks }

Desperate for Appulo apps? Here's a solution without passwords! | Digital Marketing Talk
November 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm
Twitted by dinuhsawr
December 30, 2009 at 8:02 am
How to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad via Spirit tool for Windows/Mac!
April 26, 2012 at 10:30 am
Worried about installous shutdown? Appcake to the rescue for your iPhone & iPad!
December 31, 2012 at 11:13 am
How to jailbreak and install cracked apps on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 iOS 6!
February 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Best latest source to download cracked apps for iPhone and iPad apps
April 8, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Appulo and Installous are now Apptrackr - Faster & Powerful!
April 8, 2013 at 6:09 pm

{ 75 comments… read them below or add one }

John November 12, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Compared to installous does it have more or less apps?

Sanjay November 12, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Hi Rohit,
1. On iPhone 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07; done all the steps as you mentioned; however the iPhone does not respring in the end and the app does appear on the springboard either….
2. Any help on how do I get tethering enabled.
Thanks again
Sanjay

PS – I see Aircel on the screenshots – R U travelling to India

Rohit November 13, 2009 at 4:29 am

@John Appcake has almost the same number of apps as installous. However, I have noticed that the latest apps are updated on installous first and they appear on Appcake a day later.

Rohit November 13, 2009 at 4:46 am

@Sanjay Let me first answer your second question.
This is the process to enable tethering

1) Open Safari browser from your iPhone and open http://help.benm.at, Scroll down and click “Mobileconfigs”

2)Find the IPCC file for your carrier and then hit the “Install” button. Confirm the resulting prompt which alerts you that the file has not been signed.

3)Now hold the sleep and home button until your iPhone resets.

4)Once your iPhone resets, go to Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering and switch the “Internet Tethering” slider to “On”.

5) There is no Step 10 just enjoy with your iPhone’s Internet Connection.

The problem is the above process is good for AT&T and other users but, there is no IPCC file available for Indian carriers except BPL:( Will let you know if there is a fix available.

And yeah am back in India. Working on a new project with my friends. Should be interesting :)

Nways coming to your first question

Sometimes the app doesn’t install properly if the repository is down. You may have to re-install from cydia(reminder: not ROCK). It has worked for loads of people. I m sure it will work for you too.

P.S For tethering in India I am using PDAnet off cydia. If I fig a way to use the native tethering feature, you will be the first one to know.

Sanjay November 13, 2009 at 5:20 am

Hi Rohit,
I will try the steps above.
Any luck you are in Delhi – if yes we should meet.

Sanjay November 13, 2009 at 6:57 am

Hi Rohit,
Tethering is working, however appcake still not working
I re-installed appcake; download some app .ipa – installed fine can see the progress etc, try to install this .ipa app now, in-progress icon comes but the iphone doesn’t re-spring and app doesn’t show up on springboard

Rohit November 14, 2009 at 4:15 pm

@Sanjay Oh I am in Bangalore! May come to Delhi in Feb.. Will try meeting you den:).. AppCake works fine on most of the iPhones I hv tried on.. I am afraid I don’t really knw why it aint working for you

Hexhammer November 23, 2009 at 6:28 am

AppCake update to 1.1b, fix the icon disappear problem, really perfect now! :)

Rohit November 23, 2009 at 9:40 am

@Hexhammer Thanks for the info!

Inkeyes November 26, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Hi! new here, just wanna say AppCake is the Best!

Rohit November 27, 2009 at 5:55 am

@Inkeyes Yeah that’s so true :)

Jason December 1, 2009 at 12:16 am

I used AppCake, 1st, I couldn’t read the words. 2nd, I downloaded but it said the application doesn’t work. Help anyone? I have a 3G unlocked and just recently installed firmware 3.1.2.
Thanks

Jason December 1, 2009 at 12:29 am

I justed download AppCake from my iphone, trying to download the app right now, a question, when I click on download, how do I know whether or not it is downloading? All I see is “your file downloading has started.”

Rohit December 1, 2009 at 4:37 am

@Jason Click on TASK tab at the bottom of AppCake app. There you can see the download in progress :)

Jason December 1, 2009 at 5:32 am

Got the part so far, but I couldn’t be able to complete the dl. Also, I dl on my laptop but I couldn’t added to itunes. It said something about the application is not compatible or something. Help Help Help….

Rohit December 1, 2009 at 10:39 am

@Jason Have you installed AppSync (Mobile Installation Patch) on your iPhone. Without installing AppSync the apps that you download will not be compatible. Here’s a tutorial on how to install AppSync

unknownnnnnnn December 27, 2009 at 2:51 pm

it does not work it gives error i don kno why it does that..can someone help me…..

nasser January 3, 2010 at 2:40 am

Hello Rohit

About what you have told us so far; it works.
But you havent explained what to do once you have selected an app. Example Fifa 10. What do we download it with? ex. rapidshare, so on.
is there anything we should know?

jakob January 4, 2010 at 1:41 am

guys when i try to search for an app with appcake it just shows a blank white screen with the spinning icon idk if its loading or wut but w/e it is can some1 pls help me solve it thank you

jakob

Rohit January 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm

@Nasser

Hi there!

I hope you have already installed appsync. If not follow this guide to install appsync on your iPhone.

Now from appcake website you can use any of the file hosting services (rapidshare, badango, mediafire, appscene etc) and download the ipa file. After installing the ipa file, double click on it to open the file via iTunes. Now just sync your iPhone and you are done.

Mads January 6, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Hey, i has download appcake, and all is worked fine, but later i download, avatar, need for speed (games) so it download and i come back, it was on sprinboard?? I try again, but it come always on springboard, download was not finish??

SORRY bad english laugage :D

waldoh January 11, 2010 at 2:07 am

its going at same speed!
less than 10 kb/s
it starts off at 15-20 but slows down quick…

Fametrain January 12, 2010 at 12:20 am

Followed your instructions correctly and no matter what I get the message, “Did not Find Repository”. I do have AppSync installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim January 12, 2010 at 12:32 am

whenever i try to add appcake it says could not find repository??
how can i fix this?

Ali January 12, 2010 at 1:56 am

Hi, I tried putting the http://cydia.iphonecake.com in the add source, but it says not working or somthing.. it will not put iphonecake in my sources.. help?

Ali January 12, 2010 at 2:02 am

whenever i try to add appcake it says could not find repository??
how can i fix this? – Tim, I have the same problem ? anybody help

tatang January 14, 2010 at 1:02 am

uhm… when i download an app.. it says the MB and the cost…. does it charge u for it??

john doe January 16, 2010 at 12:40 am

This does not work for me. Maybe it di work but not no more.

Jake January 16, 2010 at 5:14 am

Yeah doesn’t work either. Website might have Closed Down???

Jake January 16, 2010 at 5:24 am

Ok, found out how to add it! Add source http://repo.beouriphone.com/ in cydia. Then install appcake through that website. Works for ME!!!!

Rohit January 16, 2010 at 8:02 am

@Jake Thanks a ton for the info mate!

class January 17, 2010 at 4:13 am

Where are these files downloaded to on the iphone? is there any way to backup the appcake .ipa from iphone to computer?

Sam January 17, 2010 at 8:28 pm

i just tried both sources and it doesnt work! which source works to add in cydia

george January 17, 2010 at 10:17 pm

the correct source to download it is http://repo.beyouriphone.com/

my problem is, that whenever i open AppCake, the home screen is just white – blank. i pressed home and back, nothing works. it just stays blank. any help..?

Fred January 17, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I have the same problem as george.

Jeff January 23, 2010 at 8:28 pm

i also have this problem with fred and george, helpp

Kolger January 23, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Yeah same with fred and george i open up appcake and it does nothing but load for a second and displays a white screen…=\ ive reinstalled and downloaded the program from two different sources.

john matiuhson January 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Jake is a retard. Goerge is awesome

Omair January 23, 2010 at 9:33 pm

This problem people are having with adding sources and Appcake showing a White screen is normal, im thinking that Appcake is down right now, because if your try to go on their site, the english version http://cydia.iphonecake.com/en or the Chinese one http://cydia.iphonecake.com.. They are down, so this should be fixed in a few hours or so.

ali January 28, 2010 at 7:52 pm

great work man , i always thank peoples who share their useful ideas with others

Kenny January 28, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Thanks A TON!!! I really don’t like Appulo nemore…

Rohit February 2, 2010 at 6:49 pm

@ali @Kenny Cheers!

hansdampf February 10, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Do your downloaded Apps also disappear after syncing with the latest iTunes version?

addyp19 February 14, 2010 at 5:24 am

thanks guy much faster and easy dowloading tnx

typhoch2 February 18, 2010 at 4:16 pm

If you have Installous 2.5 you could use getipa.info for your Home Url. It is a nice and fast site. For your mobile use getipa.info/mobile;)

Enjoy

DAVE February 20, 2010 at 11:28 am

when i hav aded this source and installed appcake can i still use installous as well as appcake?

Teddy March 31, 2010 at 4:06 am

Thanks a lot. Installous was not working out good for me. So I tried this out.

Device: iPhone 3G
FW: 3.1.3

Jailbroken but not not unlocked.

Timothy April 6, 2010 at 4:06 pm

i tried appcake and im downloading it now and in cydia there was no logo so hopefully its working jus wait

astairway April 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm

i tried adding this source the iphonecake one and i tried to hackulo one also. During both i keep getting errors saying the ispazio host is unreachable. and the cached cannot be found. what do i do?

Dylan April 30, 2010 at 11:09 pm

mine says the Requested modifcitons cannt be applied due too required dependencies or conflicts that cantt be automatically found or fixe