If you have been waiting with baited breath for the new Spotify update to roll out on your mac, we have a way to help you lay your hands on the the new version of Spotify RIGHT NOW!
Just follow the instructions below and you will be rocking the new Spotify app in no time!!!
1) Download Spotify 0.9.8.296
2) Before installing the new app, you will have to make some changes to block spotify from automatically downgrading you to the old design.
3) Make sure Spotify is not running in the background on your mac. (Close the old spotify app)
4)Go to Finder, press shift + cmd + g and type ~ / Library and hit enter.
5) Go to Application Support >> Spotify .
6)Delete Spotify_new.archive and Spotify_new.archive.sig (If they are there).
7)Now open text edit.
8)Make two blank documents and save them as Spotify_new.archive and Spotify_new.archive.sig on the desktop. (the same file names as the ones you deleted)
9) Copy the two blank files from the desktop to the Spotify folder that you opened in step 5.
10)Right click each file and go to “Get Info”.
11)Check the “Locked” button on each and close the info window.
12)You should now see a small lock icon on each file.
13) Now install the new spotify app that you downloaded in step 1!
14) Congrats, you can now enjoy the redesigned spotify app on your mac :)